OK! So, you’ve been diligently following along with this INTENSE TEACHING… correct? You’ve been doing all of the ASSIGNMENTS… right? Your understanding of CHARACTER WORK has been growing… right? You’re becoming much more CLEAR on who you are? GREAT! Now, we’re going to move forward and build, if you will, YOUR OWN PERSONAL AND UNIQUE CHARACTER… from the CORE on up! But, before we do… let’s review:
- You’ll be pulling from your GROWING LIST of ADJECTIVES & CHARACTER TRAITS.
- You’re going to look closely at the CELEBRITY you connect with the most to see what it is that’s ATTRACTING YOU to them.
- What’s come from your ROCK STAR work? Gain some INSIGHT into yourself?
- You should be working on your list of SELLING FEATURES. You remember, those little THINGS about you that SINGLE YOU OUT and make you UNIQUE… so folks will want to PURCHASE YOU!
Once you’ve spent some time with this, as I know many of you have — and I’m proud of you for that, we’re going to begin BUILDING.
- Write your ELEVATOR SPEECH. That’s that 20 SECOND TALK that fully explains YOU in the least amount of words as possible.
- Put together an EXAGGERATED version of your character. That means, push it and bring out as many CHARACTER TRAITS as you can find.
- Answer this question: If I (my character) were in a SITCOM, which character would I be? How about a DRAMA?
- PLAY AROUND with this for a bit. EXPLORE and EXPERIMENT. See what/who you can DISCOVER.
- Create a 40 SECOND SCENE for your character to PLAY/LIVE OUT OF.
- Give your character a NAME. And, to go even further… give them as much of what’s asked for on the CHARACTER ANALYSIS SHEET.
If you’ve been building along with us through this series, all of this work should have you in possession of a STRONG CORE CHARACTER! If you’re still a bit in the weeds with all of this, don’t stress it, just do your best and we’ll continue to get you sorted out.